Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 29th, 2006. We have good news about Beau, but frustrating news also. His 90 day head ultrasound came back as normal. Meaning, they can't tell he had a hemorage at all! Also, they still aren't able to feel his hernia and he may not have to have that surgery at all. Tomorrow he has his eye exam. Today Beau took a bottle for the first time in a week. He was banned from any bottle feeding by the NP in the NICU. He did GREAT for the first two tries. Then he didn't feel like breathing for the third, and for the fourth try he had a very nasty spell after he choked. I feel like I'm going insane with the waiting. I have no patience anyhow, but this is excruciatingly painful. I can't help him! I can't do it for him. It's driving me crazy. He does so great, but then he pulls a complete 180 to the frustration of his parents and his NICU team. Everyone says it'll be slow progress and he did really well. I wish I felt the same way. I'm too used to seeing other babies in the NICU take bottles like champs. I get so jealous of full term babies that go home in 2 days with no issues. Tomorrow he will be three months old. He's thirteen weeks old today. And tomorrow he'll start his 37th week of gestational age (which is the week pregnant I would have been). Please, please, please... pray. Pray often and pray hard for God to help my little boy overcome his immaturity. If only he could get the hang of suck, swallow, breathe consistently. Please God, please. Send your angels to help my little boy. Keep him safe and healthy. Please let me take him home on time with no issues. Please God, keep my little boy safe and healthy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reberson Ricci Ius said...

I was working this night here in Brazil, and I found this blog by accident ... You donĀ“t know me but, please, from now on, accept my prayers, despite my poor English...

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home