Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 26th, 2006. Today is a good day for Beau. His doctors have decided to let him grow for a while before making any more changes to his CPAP. I'm happy he'll get some time to just sit and be a baby.

He's still hating the CPAP and cries and cries and wriggles out of it. I hate when he cries- I cry with him. I hate not being able to help him and make him feel better. His nurses say I have to remember that his crying is his way of communicating. That is obviously so, but it really doesn't help me feel better about his discomfort. After all, I've never seen a baby cry because they're happy and comfortable.

Beau is now 15 inches long and 3 lbs 4 ounces. He's gaining weight regularly, although some days he does drop or stay the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill & Terry said...

Keep your chin-up. I know easier said then done, but your baby boy is progressing nicely. I will keep him in my thoughts. I have been reading Alicias progress and now she is home, I will stay with yours until that day, it will be here sooner then you think. :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home