Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Monday, July 17, 2006

July 17th, 2006. Beau is doing well. He's had a quiet 48 hours with no bronchial spasms. I'm still scared over that. His very first one and they had to bag him. Really scares the hell out of me.

He's still doing great on his puffs and is sleeping a lot more now. He seems much more comfortable. Now he only gets angry when he has a wet diaper!

Last night Neill Kangaroo'd him. He did really well after they suctioned out his lungs. Neill fell sound a sleep with Beau. It was too cute.

Beau is now 3 pounds 2 ounces! Pretty good going, almost doubling his weight in almost 7 weeks. I can't believe he's almost 2 months old. It's actually insane how fast time seems to fly lately. I can't imagine how fast it's going to fly when he's home. Neill and I have begun planning his bedroom and picking out travel systems. I can't wait to finish it and put our little baby to sleep in his own crib in his own house. Maybe I shouldn't even think that far ahead, I might jinx it. Cautious optimism is so hard to remember!

Please keep praying for Beau and Aiden. I know I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home