Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

July 6th, 2006. Sorry for not writing lately. I had a bit of trouble adding photos to Beau's blog. This is the one I've been trying to put up since the 3rd. This was Neill's first time Kangarooing with Beau. I love this picture. He's patiently waited 5 weeks to hold him. I think they look adorable together!

Beau is doing well, still in his setting off all his alarms phase. Today was his first day of lots of new stuff! He had a blood gas this morning that came back awesome so they were able to come down on his vent pressure. He's done great with that all day today. They also went up on the calories they're adding to my milk and he hasn't spit up or vomited that all day!!! YAY! He also had his first day of physical therapy and at first he didn't like them messing with him, but then he settled down and stopped fighting them. I'm so happy for Beau. The sooner he gets off that ventilator the sooner his lungs can start healing from the Chronic Lung Disease. I'm really happy with him accepting the extra calories in my milk. He'll start packing on the weight now that he's decided he likes it and doesn't spit it all back up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home