Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

June 24th, 2006. I've just gotten off the phone with Beau's day nurse. She said he had an ok night and today isn't any better. They suctioned out his lungs and found yellow secretions. They had it tested and it came back as a bacteria with gram positive and gram negative stains. They're going to give him a semi-broad spectrum antibiotic to take care of both bacterial types.

He's still taking my milk like a champ and all of his other vitals are spot on. He'll have another blood gas at noon. I'll update again when I get back from the hospital.

On a personal note, I'm troubled by this and I need to ask a favor of anyone who sees this post. Please pray for Beau. Even if you're not religious or you don't do that sort of thing... please pray for him. I pray everyday. Today I pray the antibiotics will clear his lungs. I pray they are what's causing the junk in his lungs and not some underlying "thing". I pray he'll have the strength to get through this. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger hallegracesmama said...

I will definitely continue to pray for Beau. Halle had many "scares" like that while in the NICU. It's great that they seem to have caught whatever it is early and are starting the antibiotics. As soon as they determine the strain they may switch to a med that is more specific if needed. But he will be fine! Take care.

Julie (halle's mom)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Helloooooooooo from Canada! Just wanted to say that you are in my Thoughts & Prayers. I don't know you personally, but have told your story to several of my friends. We are rooting for you, Neill and Beau (LOVE the name btw!)Hope that each day brings you closer and closer to bringing your baby home. Take a lot of pictures! Sounds like baby Beau is growing so fast!!

Adrienne :)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home