Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

June 17th, 2006. Today Beau is getting another ultrasound to make sure his PDA is still open, if it is he'll go straight into surgery to close it. At first I was slightly happy he was going to have it- an end to 2 1/2 weeks of it opening and closing. I thought, "Okay, well now we can have a permanent end to this and he can finally move on." Yesterday I spoke to the various doctors who will be involved with the surgery and now it's become VERY real. I'm freaked, I'm worried, and I'm praying to God that my little boy will be okay. I know that to all the doctors and nurses this is completely routine and they've done it a hundred times with no issues, but I haven't gone through it a hundred times with no issues and I'm not the mom to all the babies who've already had it. I'm Beau's mom, and I think I'd be scared for myself if I wasn't worried about him.

I'd like to give everyone who's read this blog and had us in their thoughts and prayers, whether you've left a comment or not, a huge Thank You. Telling us you've been through it, calling and asking how he's doing, or letting us know you're there if we need someone means the world to us. Thank You again from our family to yours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I just found your link from our "preemieblogmoms" group! I will be sure to come back for updates. I hope it is all over with soon and they have it done quickly :) It is natural for you to be worried but keep in mind they do it all the time.. Your family will be in my thoughts ;)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home