Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006



June 14th, 2006 and it's the first time I've been able to hold my son since he's been born. I think he's absolutely perfect. He cuddled up on me and fell fast asleep. I can't believe how much I love him, how much he amazes me. This tiny little person who I barely even know has got me wrapped around his little finger. I'm still on cloud nine. His nurses want me to Kangaroo him once everyday as long as he's as stable as he was today. I have no problems with that at all! I'm more than happy to hold him for as long as he wants. At first the nurses want us to start with one hour, then gradually increase the time. I love the sound of that. It'll be hard, but happy, for me to watch him sit on his dad instead of me. I am so in love with my family. It was a really amazing day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Looks like you all enjoyed Kangaroo care! It's really a great bonding experience with baby! Hooray!!!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home