Life in the NICU

This is the journal of our life in the NICU with our son born at 23 6/7 weeks gestation. Beau was 1 pound 13 ounces and 13 3/4" long.

Friday, June 09, 2006

May 31st, 2006. I'm still in the hospital. I'm glad mom slept at home. I've already gotten into the swing of pumping and I've been on my feet by myself with no pain since I'd woken up.

The phone won't stop ringing!!! I'm so happy to talk to Neill. He's the only one I really want there. I tell him about our son, how I'm doing, what the doctors and nurses say.

Mom and Dad stop by with Holly and Casey. Auntie Bella and Celeste also stop by. They are so amazing! I'm lucky to have such a supportive family. They offer Neill and I their spare bedroom and a place to park the car when we visit the baby. I'm overwhelmed.

We visit Beau in the NICU. He's so beautiful still. I love him so much and I hardly know him. He's lost weight, but everything else looks good. I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting for him to overcome the many obstacles he's encounter. I'm not very religious, but I find myself praying for my son. Please God take care of him. Please God let me see him grow up strong and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home